Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Wednesday Blabber

A few random thoughts running through my head:

1.) I have a dishwasher but don't use it ... except to store my punch bowl. For some weird reason, I like doing the dishes by hand. Am considering getting rid of the dishwasher and replacing with a wine fridge.

2.) The most tragic thing about Heath Ledger's untimely death is that he leaves behind a young daughter. This seems to be overshadowed in the headlines by the Oscar nod he received for his appearance in Brokeback Mountain.

3.) American Idol just isn't exciting anymore. This proves too much of a good thing is still too much.

4.) Davey Dogs is trying to gas me out. I made some chili, which he took for lunch, and it's coming back with a vengeance. He sounds like the "76 Trombones" from The Music Man, all rolled into one.

5.) I can't believe we knew for 4 years we'd have to elect a President and out of the ~300M people in this country, this is the best crop of candidates we could find. I'm an undecided voter and need to get some unbiased info .... lots of luck finding that!

6.) I'm gonna let my cleaning lady go. I've hired and fired people numerous times throughout my career, but this is definitely the hardest.

7.) Why is the Superbowl on a Sunday night? I think the people who schedule football have no idea what it's like to work a Mon-Fri job. I guess they're the same ones who think it's a good idea to have games at 9pm on a Monday night.

8.) I can "S-whistle." That's when you pronounce the letter "S" with a whistle instead. Try it, it's fun!!

9.) I haven't caught or seen any meeses since last Thursday. Davey Dogs' farts have probably killed them all.

10.) The dumbest thing I ever did in my life was climbing out the window of a moving car while it was on the highway. For at least a mile, I clung to the luggage rack in my skirt with my big 80s hair blowing into a giant rat's nest. My friend John and I did this to "hide" from the driver. Dumb dumb dumb.

11.) My friend Kelly and I sealed the deal on our friendship after a night out in Philly (before I moved from Maryland, I think). Getting out of a cab, I started singing "I've got a hole in my hose that goes all the way to China." (To the tune of Cyndi Lauper's song with the same words ... except I subsituted "hose" for "heart.") We laughed like crazy and have been friends ever since!

12.) That's it for now. Davey Dogs tells me my posts are too long, so I'll spare everyone the torture of a mid-week novel. Tell me something random running through your head today ...

3 comments:

SGM said...

Got that right sister!

... ducking my head here .... how long did it take you to think of the "dumbest thing" you ever did? ....running and hiding .....

Shelley Jaffe said...

Not exactly random, but it's the only thought I have, repeating over and over and over- I SO do not want to go to a stupid school meeting tonight with a bunch of freakity frackity diva soccer moms who love the sound of their own voice and a lily-livered ineffectual chairperson. Ack. Who says the art of conversation is dead? It's alive and well in a meeting that will run an hour over time. Shit.

Amber said...

We have meeses too! I am very upset about it. Also, I have to let my hair guy go. It will be hard but only because he thinks he is soooo good.

If you come by my place, I have a little present for you.