Wednesday, March 19, 2008

My New Frontier

Despite my new found athleticism in Punta Cana, I managed to bring back a few extra pounds. No, not in my luggage ... on my ass. As usual. So, I've returned to my strict food regiment and went in search of some form of exercise that would be convenient, effective and non-suicidal. Believe it or not, I found it pretty quickly in one of my favorite places .... my television! Yes, Comcast On Demand has free exercise videos.

I've always been a fan of "On Demand" which is kind of like Pay-per-view, but with both free and pay programs. You can see all kinds of network and cable shows, in addition to movies. Usually I go there for back episodes of "Intervention" and documentaries, but on Monday morning I discovered the "Sport and Fitness"section.

Did I go for Billy Banks or Kathy Smith? No. Did I go for Pilates & Yoga? No. Mens Fitness? No. Here's what I've been up to this week:
  • Cheerleader Legs
  • Flirty Girl Fitness: Booty Beat
  • Carmen Electra Hip Hop
  • Bunny Bootcamp
I also did Jillian Michaels' "30 Day Shread" -- she almost killed me this morning.

Draw the blinds, pull the shades for these:
  • Carmen Fit to Strip
  • Sexy Chair Routine
  • Ballet Butt
  • Quick Ball Workout
Tomorrow I'm gonna try "Bootylicious Buns" and "Zen in your Den." We'll see if the "Slim & Sexy" section delivers the goods!

6 comments:

SGM said...

Neat!
When will you have the stripper pole installed in your livingroom?

Shelley Jaffe said...

Oh, my. Someone's having way too much fun in exercise world. I'm gonna have to look on my Video on Demand for this, but with my luck it will be ultra cheap and Canadian, like "Strengthening for the Kayak", or "Bear Wrasslin' Bootcamp". Gilliam Michaels? Love her. Hate her. At the same time.

BTW, I think I found my new job - naming exercise videos...

Bust it out, girlfriend!!

Lisa said...

Never, Gee!! I look ridiculous fully clothed ... trust me. Oh wait, you've seen me bellydance so you know it's not a pretty sight. Bahaaaaa!!!

Baroness -- Trust me, the Philadelphian On Demand is ultra cheap too. The titles make it sound more fun that it really is. :-(

Los said...

Aren't these on Cinemaxe after midnight?

Shelley Jaffe said...

Haloooo? Countess Babs? Where have you gone? Have you exercised yourself down to a puddle of sweat on the ground? Please come back soon...

Amber said...

Girlie, I have missed you. My head has been up my bum lately. I am loving the idea of cheerleader legs. I used to be a cheerleader, the only thing my legs have to show for it are spider veins...yuck!