Friday, February 20, 2009

My Inner Angus Young

Yesterday driving into the parking lot at work I broke one of my own rules -- don't blast music so loud everybody can hear it. Any other time it's okay, but it's not okay to pull up in the work lot with the volume up so high it can be heard through the car windows.

This rule was born a few years ago when I pulled up in my spot rapping along with Eminem to his "Controversy" song. Someone lurking in the spot across from me watched and listened to my best Eminem singalong as I checked my hair and make-up. Let's just say, the guy could rightfully question whether I know the difference between a tube of lipstick and a microphone. No, I couldn't just sing along ... I had to have dance moves, a microphone, facial expressions .... the whole nine yards. How embarrassing.

So after that day, I swore I'd keep a lid on it once I hit the work parking lot.

But yesterday morning, I was flipping the dial and ran across an old favorite -- AC/DCs "Back in Black." I've always loved this song, and it conjured up my inner 80s, head-banging, guitar hero. By all rights, I should've had to open the sunroof to let some of the noise out, but it was great ... even before 8am.

Can you imagine what all of the Dilbert's sitting in their cubicles looking into the parking lot would've thought if they'd seen a girl in her work duds doing Angus Young's famous one-legged hop across the parking lot, complete with air guitar and head-banging? That's what I wanted to do. Then I would've smashed my air guitar against my office door and set off some fireworks to close the show.

Instead I settled for the driver's seat rendition ... head-bobbing and scream-singing.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh...Love AC/DC!! You just can't sit still when it's playing. And singing...A MUST!!
~Pam

Los said...

There is NOTHING wrong with jamming out to some AC/DC as far as I'm concerned.

Shelley Jaffe said...

Er, do you USUALLY wear the velvet school boy's outfit to work?

I thought it was just for special occasions...

Gwen said...

Sometimes I blast Eminem in my car too. I feel like a moron, but I love that shit. You are so funny. I hope your BFF offer still stands because I'm all over that.

SGM said...

OMG G - I can totally see you dong that.