Saturday, January 31, 2009

The CLAMorous Life

Yesterday I received a Lobstergram in the mail (as you may know from my previous post). It was a Lobster dinner/feast for two that my sister gave me for Christmas ... and it was fantastic.


Part of the dinner was a choice between clams, shrimp or mussels. I chose the clams. They arrived looking like this:









Yum! I steamed them in butter, garlic, parsley and white wine. Two dozen of them ... expecting them to turn out like this .....

















Guess what? Ever hear of a geoduck? (It's pronouned "gooey duck") Well it's a type of clam, and it's the kind that arrived in my lobster dinner feast. So I cooked them up , and here's what they looked like ...





















Imagine two dozen of these staring you in the face.

4 comments:

Los said...

So .... what did these taste like? I've never heard of this.

Sandi said...

Never heard of this. Is it any good? With all due respect, it doesn't look very good.

Jerilynn said...

Eww, I didn't know they like, shrunk in the clam. Shouldn't you have like, talked to the people who delivered it and be like, I asked for clams not gooey ducks. (incase you weren't sure what they were lol.)

Mohamad Reza said...

its the first time i come across this "goey duck" thing and im certainly not going to be its fan due to its unsightly shape