What did I think of it??
I. DIG. THAT. SHIT.
ALOT!! ! ! !!!!!!!!
WITH CAPITAL LETTERS.
So here's a little summary of the last 5 days with 3 other girls in an RV:
- Drove 7 hours from Louisville to Talladega, Alabama.
- There were at least a million people camping, literally. Campers, tents, people ... as far as the eye could see.
- Flags of every kind flew everywhere: American flags, rebel flags, Talladega flags, NASCAR flags, driver flags ..... you get the point. There were lots of flags. DO NOT go camping at a NASCAR race without your flags -- you'll feel left out.
- I had no idea how much fast engines and bump drafting could excite me. I'm telling ya -- I wouldn't have believed it if someone had told me. But the sound and the speed are un-fucking-believable. My eyeballs were glued to the race the entire time.
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. is hot. See ... (and he drives the 88 car ... good numbers!)
- My clothes were purchased out of the back of a hauler. Even tank tops!! (I'm tellin ya folks .... I'm in deep!)
- I fit right in, except everybody said I had an accent.
- One night we went to a giant camping karaoke dance party. I'll have to post pictures when I get back to Philly ... words can't do it justice.
- The people that camped and went to the race were incredibly nice and fun. We made friends all over the campground -- even got invited to a fried turkey dinner one night.
- Another night there was a big campfire singalong with some guys who played the guitar. Of course we all sang "Free Bird" and "Sweet Home Alabama." And "Rocky Top" -- one of my favorite songs of all time.
- Race Day 1 was for the amateur squad -- not too many big names. Lots of crashes though. After the first day, I was pumped up for Day 2 -- the big race.
- Sunday was the big race day. It was so much better than the day before (which had already knocks my socks off and curled my hair). The engines were bigger, louder and the cars were faster. These guys drive 200 miles an hour with their bumpers touching. In some turns there were 5 cars stretched across only 3 lanes ... talk about balls of steel. They've got em! I was so excited wacthing the whole thing -- seriously, I thought I was gonna pass out.